Sunday, August 1, 2010

The best $1 spent in a long time

Saturday morning Owen and I went to a few garage sales. Boy, did we hit the jackpot! We bought a kiddie sized broom (50 cents) and a lawn mower (50 cents)!! I don't know who was more excited about these finds--me or him. When we got home from the sales, he played with is broom for quite a while.






Notice Owen with is "snipped" paci below








Then later that afternoon we had to go run a few errands. When we go home, we went about our usual routine. I got Owen out of his car seat and set him down to grab some things out of the van. I brought in a load of stuff inside and left the door open behind me because he usually just follows me right inside. I started to unload a few things from their bags when I noticed Owen hadn't followed me in. I looked out the window to find....



Owen had spotted his lawn mower sitting outside our door and thought it was the perfect time to take it out for a spin. So, we "mowed the lawn" until Daddy got home and it was time to eat supper.


...Oh, the joy of lawn mowing...hopefully he thinks it's this much fun when he's old enough to really mow!


No comments: