Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Unexpected

Owen and I made a quick stop at Dollar General on the way home from the Y this morning. We made our purchases, headed to the van to load up and go home. I was just putting the key in the ignition and buckling up when I looked up and saw this little elderly lady with a couple big bags in her hands waving me down, asking me to wait. I quickly thought over what I had brought in the store and couldn't think of anything that I might have left or dropped...believe it or not, I've been known to leave things behind before. :) I rolled down my window and she began digging around in one of her bags with a big grin. "Where is it?" she muttered under her breath.

A second or two later and she looked up at me and sort of strained her neck to look towards Owen saying, "I saw your little guy eye-ing something in there and I just couldn't resist," and pulled out a toy truck. "Happy Thanksgiving," she said.

How sweet....she made both Owen and I's day. :)

1 comment:

Mandy & Jeremy Hall said...

Aw! That is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. It's so nice to know that there are some good hearted people around :)