Friday, May 17, 2013

Owen is FOUR

Owen turned a big 4 years old.  I can't believe he is FOUR already. The time has really flown by!
 
He wanted a "monster truck racing party" and had his heart set on it months before his birthday.  God blessed us with a PERFECT party day.  We had a slew of kids come to help celebrate and race with us.  Owen felt very loved.  He ran the race course SO many times that day. 
 
He has been so fixated on racing lately.  Everything, I mean EVERYthing, is a race to him.  He often gets very upset when he does "win." So, I was a little worried about how he might act at the party.  We had several talks leading up to the day about the importance of cheering on his friends and being a good sport and not having to be the winner every time.  I am thankful to say, Owen not only did not have ONE breakdown, but he cheered on his friends TOO.  After the party, I told him how proud I was of him in how he cheered on his friends.  The look on his face was the sweetest. It encompassed him feeling proud that mommy was proud of him, happy that he had so much fun, and that others felt good because he cheered them on. 
 





No comments: