Saturday, May 29, 2010

A couple little stories to enjoy...

Story #1--Strange Discovery--
On the way home the other evening, a terrible noise came from the back seat. I turned around to see what all the commotion was about..what did I find?? My son had discovered the gag reflex. He was busy shoving his fingers as far back as he could, making himself gag and turn all red, and make that horrible sound you make when you gag....then laughing. Weird. I don't think I will ever completely understand boys. :)

Story #2--Endearing Imitator--
The thought hit me the other day, I haven't taught Owen what to do when we pray. Because he eats dinner before Jimmy gets home, he is usually down playing when we pray before dinner. And, just for some reason I hadn't thought to include him whenever I prayed during the day. So, the past couple days, I've been more intentional about telling Owen that "mommy is going to pray now" before meals and praying out loud. So far, he has been oblivious and just goes about his business eating, and babbling away. This morning, I told him I was going to pray, then folded my hands and bowed my head. When I finished and looked up---I found Owen had folded his hands and was quietly mimicing me. Needless to say, it melted my heart! (and was another realization of how much he watches my every move and what a huge task God has entrusted Jimmy and I with to raise our son to love HIM. )

No comments: